Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Perfect Bite

When I talk to people about restaurants or about food in general, I frequently refer to "perfect bites."

To me, a perfect bite is one that combines all of the flavors on your plate. Protein, vegetable, sauce and, sometimes, garnish. Perfect bites sometimes need to be bigger than what is considered reasonable for public places. It doesn't bother me though.

The flavor, if you're eating someplace that's worth its salt, should be exactly what the Chef had planned. Part of that is the presentation - how things are laid out on the plate. Part is how you attack it; which bites you take and how you choose them. It's a combination of all of the individual flavor profiles that he's put in front of you and I lose my mind when they all line up.

What's your perfect bite?

No comments: